PTFE stands for PolyTetraFluoroEthylene. Other manufacturers of PTFE resins and their trademarks are:
1. FLUON® is a registered trademark of AGF Ltd.
2. DYNEON® is a registered trademark of Dyneon.
3. POLYFLON® is a registered trademark of Daikin Industries, Ltd.
4. ALGOFLON® is a registered trademark of Ausimont USA, Ltd.
PTFE’s key properties are five-fold:
1. Wear resistance – making it ideal for bearing applications
2. Low friction – making it ideal for non-stick applications
3. Chemically inert – making it applicable in chemical and medical industries
4. Huge working temperature range – allowing it to be useful in harsh environments
5. Dielectric strength – making it ideal as an insulation material
Poly Fluoro stocks standard sizes in PTFE sheets, film, rods and tubing. We have pioneered the application of PTFE in gasket and bearing applications and are among the leading manufacturers of linear slide-way bearing materials. Many of our orders are highly customized to our client’s requirements. Kindly fill out the customer enquiry form for more information
Poly Fluoro is an accredited ISO 9001-2008 company. We have built our quality standards and business processes to remain among India’s leading processors of PTFE.
Poly Fluoro is also approved by RDSO for supplying PTFE Bearings and POT-PTFE Bearings.
Poly Fluoro can skive sheets 0.25mm thick to 6mm in virgin PTFE. We can mould sheets up to 175mm thick in virgin and filled PTFE.
The service temperature range for PTFE is -260°C (-500°F) to +260°C (+500°F).
Glass fillers increases wear resistance. Carbon and graphite exhibit good rubbing or sliding characteristics on contact. Bronze and Calcium Fluoride fills have better wear and creep resistance. It is also possible to add pigments and other polymers to the PTFE.
PTFE materials are essentially chemically inert. They are affected only by molten alkali metals, fluorine and chlorine trifluoride at elevated temperatures and pressures.
PTFE can stick to another surface by using a chemical process called etching. The etching is brown in color and when an epoxy or adhesive is applied to the etched side it will adhere to another surface.
Virgin PTFE has better physical properties and is a good electrical insulator. Virgin PTFE is FDA approved. Reprocessed PTFE is recycled PTFE processed into skived sheet and extruded rod. Both virgin and reprocessed PTFE are 100% PTFE.
PEEK is a fluoropolymer, like PTFE. PEEK stands for Polyether ether ketone. It is a very durable plastic with a higher tensile strength than PTFE and which is being increasingly used in applications involving high temperatures, extreme wear and corrosive substances.